Dandruff/Flaky ScalpYou are here: Store Home : Dandruff/Flaky Scalp
If you have a flaky scalp, don’t worry – it’s very common (and it’s often confused with dandruff, which should be treated quite differently). A dry flaky scalp with tiny dust like white flakes may be itch and drive you mad, so....
· Make sure you use the right shampoo and conditioner and once your hair returns to normal, go back to using your usual products
· Wash your hair frequently in warm, not hot water – and finish off with even colder water if you can bear it!
· Rinse and rinse again after shampooing and after conditioning
· A dry flaky scalp may be caused by product build up so try a purifying or clarifying shampoo
· Dandruff is actually caused by an oily scalp and the flakes are larger
· Use products specially formulated for dandruff and always go back to your normal shampoo and conditioner once the dandruff has gone
· If your dandruff is severe and doesn’t respond to normal treatment, then do see your doctor or a trichologist
· If you have any redness, swelling or small blisters that weep or if the flakiness spreads to your neck or face or other parts of your body then you should see a doctor
· Use the warm not hot setting on your hair dryer